About the Department
Department of Public health dentistry deals with preventing diseases, prolonging life & promoting physical & mental efficiency through organized community efforts for the sanitation of the environment, the control of communicable infections, the education of individual in personal hygiene, the organization of medical & nursing services for the early diagnosis & preventive treatment of disease and the development of the social machinery to ensure everyone a standard of living adequate for the maintenance of the health.
Career Post Graduate Institute of Dental Sciences & Hospital has independent functioning Public Health Dentistry Department catering services to the population. Outreach activities are being conducted on a regular basis from the department with the help of a well equipped mobile dental van and in association with the satellite clinics.
We help students in providing leadership and expertise in population-based dentistry, oral health surveillance, policy development, community-based disease prevention and health promotion, and the maintenance of the dental safety net.
• To make the oral health care available at the doorstep in rural as well as remote areas.
• To eliminate disparities in oral health.
• To promote optimum oral health & prevent diseases through research & development.
• Dedicated & well equipped oral health education centre for oral health promotion.
• Dental Museum designed for oral health awareness, education & motivation of the general public.
• Academic teaching programs with innovations such as role play, health talks and problem based learning.